Enriching your little one's life
The last thing you want is for your kitten to be bored. Kittens who can't find entertainment from their owners may easily turn their attentions to your furniture or carpets, so keeping her hunter's instinct comfortably quelled will do both of you wonders. And it's a great opportunity for you to bond, too.
There are all kinds of ways you can provide stimulation for your little one, keeping both her mind and body healthily active. Toys (particularly hanging or moving ones) and feeding puzzles are great. Providing resting places at a range of different heights, and a good view of the outside world, are ideal too. There's really no substitute for just spending time with her, though.
Enrichment through feeding
Here are a few simple ideas you can use to add a bit of play to feeding time:
1. Fill a plastic soda bottle (small or large) with a portion of her Whiskas® Kitten Dry, leaving the lid off or cutting a small hole so the Whiskas® dry biscuits will fall out as she plays
2. Place her dry food in brown paper bag and loosely roll the end closed
3. Place her dry food in a feeding ball
4. Place a small portion of her Whiskas® Kitten Dry in a pan or box, then cover with shredded paper
5. Place her dry food in two attached cups pocked with small holes
6. Hide some of her Whiskas® Kitten Dry in crumpled up pieces of paper
7. Divide her meal into several bowls and place them all over a room
8. Pack her dry food into an empty drink carton with holes in random places
Playing with food
If those ideas just aren't quite energetic enough for her, here are a few exercise-led ideas:
1. Throw Whiskas® Kitten Dry to your cat, encouraging her to chase after it
2. Using one of the ideas above, hold your feeding contraption up high and entice her to climb, jump or run to retrieve it
3. Encourage her to stand on her hind legs to reach and bat for a piece of dry food with her paw
4. Hide some dry food in the garden or under a box and encourage her to search for it
Some kittens won't need to be motivated to play with the lure of food, but if you think your little one just isn't getting enough exercise, these ideas are a great way to make sure she's active and healthy.